Wednesday, July 3, 2013

BEAUTY

Why am I where I am right now?
I ask myself this all the time.
I didn't really know the answer until now 
I'm here to relate
I'm here to understand
I am here to help
Console
Lift
and Teach

I'm good at these things

Always have been

Maybe that's why I get lazy

Because it's always been so easy

I AM A VERY BLESSED INDIVIDUAL

I was given many talents, most of which I don't share
It makes me so MAD

I have become what other people want me to be
And I never used to be that way

I'm done though

Making bad choices has taught me a lot
But I thought it would make me more independent


IT HAS DONE THE OPPOSITE

I'm more like everyone else than I ever have been

TIME TO BE ME ONCE AGAIN
BE 
DO
SAY

ME

To anyone that has ever wondered what it's like to be someone else, stop. Be you. 
Love you. 
Respect you. 
Confidence is beauty.

And you are Beautiful

You are something that can never be repeated

Something no one else can be

It's time to stop living your life by what others think is right, or pretty, or smart. I know there are plenty of people out there that will read this and say, that's not for me, she doesn't understand. I was there too, for a long time. Seems as though I'm right back there too, so I definitely understand. I have always let doubt keep me down. I've definitely looked at the glass half empty. I've definitely thought I wasn't pretty. It's all in your head though. Who really defines what pretty is?

Worldly beauty is generic beauty. 
What's so special about looking like everyone else? 

Nothing


So let's redefine beauty
Or even better...
Let's not let beauty be defined. 

We are beauty

Love is beauty

Peace is beauty


"The eyes of others our prisons; their thoughts our cages" -Virginia Woolf

NO MORE





No comments:

Post a Comment